Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Twenty-minute chili

I love chili, and I love trying new recipes. I also love every recipe I've ever made from on of Suzanne Somers Somersize line of books. When I follow her eating plan, I feel great. I don't always follow the plan, but I think it's a good one. This chili recipe came from the Fast & Easy.

Twenty-minute chili (with Venison)
3 tbs olive oil
2 large red onions, chopped
6 cloves garlic, finely minced
2 lbs venison, ground
28 ounce tomatoes, diced
2/3 cup red wine
14 ounce chicken broth
1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
1/4 tsp salt
4 tsp cumin, ground
1 1/2 tbs chili powder
1 1/2 tsp oregano, ground

1. Heat skillet over medium high heat. Add olive oil and onion and cook until soft and slightly browned, about 5 minutes.

2. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.

3. Add ground venison and cook with the onion mixture until browned and almost cooked through.

4. Add tomatoes and cook 3 minutes.

5. Add wine to boiling mixture and cook 2 minutes, until the alcohol is cooked out.

6. Add chicken broth, parsley, salt, pepper, and spices. Cook five minutes more.

7. Serve with grated swiss or cheddar cheese and sour cream.

No comments: