Saturday, January 24, 2009

6:30 on a Saturday Morning

Yes, I'm really up this early on a Saturday morning in late January. I'm up cuz my hunter boy felt a need to go sit in a tree, but he wanted to have coffee with me first. In his defense, he doesn't usually wake me up; I told him too so I could get a start on my day.

I have a fear that he is getting addicted to the hunting. He's always been very reasonable, hunting only to fill the freezer and then opting to stay home most days. I was feeling very smug, considering many of his hunter friends are not so reasonable.

Alas, he's been hanging out with a truly rabid hunter. The result is our freezer is so full he's started giving meat away...he had to give away half of the meat he got Monday. But he's out there with the dawg again this morning. I'm cooking as fast as I can, but we don't even have room to store leftovers. I suppose there are worse problems than having too much food. I'm just wondering if this is only the beginning.

If you need some meat, let me know :)

No comments: