Monday, January 19, 2009

Easy Venison Dinner

Last night, in honor of my father's birthday, I had my sister and a few of my parent's good friends over for dinner. I wanted to make something delicious, but also easy. I opted for venison backstrap medallions (more commonly known as the loin cut), green beans, and baked potatoes. The crowd went wild. My parent's friends were very impressed with my ability to host a grown up dinner party (yes...they all still see me as a teenager and thought it was "cute" that I served them on real china).

So, next time you need an elegant dinner without the fuss, I recommend this menu:

Easy Venison Dinner


1. Grilled Backstrap Medallions
Venison backstrap, cut into 2 to 3 oz medallions (enough for 2 to 3 per person)
Olive oil
McCormick's pepper steak rub

Coat a baking pan with olive oil and place the medallions in it. After a few minutes, turn them so the other side gets coated. Let sit for a few hours. Heat the grill. Rub a little of the steak rub on each side of meat (amount depends on how peppery you want the meat...we don't use much). Grill meat to medium rare. Serve quickly...the medallions cool fast. We usually warm the dinner plates to keep the meat hot.

2. Baked potatoes
These probably don't need instruction. We serve them with the skin and accompany with sour cream and butter

3. Green Beans
Green snap beans
olive oil
garlic
salt

Cut the ends off the beans. Heat olive oil in skillet and add a clove of minced garlic. Add beans and saute at med for about five minutes (depending on how crisp you like your beans). Add salt to taste.

That's it...the easiest gourmet meal ever. If you have your guests bring the bread and dessert, it's even easier!

No comments: