Saturday, November 1, 2008

Yummy-in-the-Tummy Venison Pot Pie

I promised my niece that I would find a gravy-based venison pot pie recipe (she didn't like the one I made that had a broth base). In my searches, I came across several fun blogs where people share their home cooking recipes. Culinarily Obsessed is where I found the Easy Peasy Pot Pie recipe. Using that as my basis, I altered it a bit...in the process making not-quite-as-easy-peasy as the original, but very yummy-in-the-tummy.

Yummy-in-the-Tummy Venison Pot Pie

Makes 4 individual pot pies or 1 two-crust, 9-in. pie

1 package pie crusts (2 crusts) (or make it from scratch if you’re so inclined)
½ cup frozen peas
2 carrots, peeled and sliced
1 small potato, cubed
1 can cream of potato soup
1/2 cup milk
1 lb venison, cubed
1 small onion, chopped

Brown venison with onion, set aside. Preheat oven to 425.
In a medium bowl, mix together vegetables, soup, milk, and venison. Stir until combined.

Place the pie crust into the individual pot pie tins or 9-in. pie pan and pour mixture into crust. Place second crust on top of each and pinch edges together. Cut four slits in center of crust. Bake for about 30 minutes, until crust is golden brown.

No comments: