Saturday, November 8, 2008

Requesting All Comfort Food

This has been a very hard week, and I'm in serious need of comfort food. This is my plea for recipes...they don't even have to be venison!

I'm in Colorado right now, and have been since Sunday. I fly home today. I feel mixed emotions about that. I'm in Colorado because my father is very ill, possibly in the last few months of life. I want to be with him, holding his hand while he sleeps (the smile he gets when he wakes up and sees his family there is worth everything). As much as I want to be here, I miss my husband terribly. I want to be by his side, supporting him while his business weathers this economic storm. It's very hard. I imagine over the next few months I'll be traveling between home and Colorado.

When I'm home, I want to make meatloaf, shepard's pie, burgers...what else? What other meat-based comfort foods are there? Is there, by any miracle, a venison chocolate cake recipe out there? Let me know!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan it was good to talk to you yesterday -- i'll email you a recipe for chocolate chip banana bread (no venison but chocolate chips are the main ingredient...)
thinking of you & your family...

theresa